A Regulation to modify certain portions of Regulation VII of 1822 to provide for the more speedy and satisfactory decision of judicial questions cognisable by officers of revenue employed in settlements under the above Regulation; for enforcing the production of the village- accounts; for the appointment of Deputy Collectors in the Revenue Department; and to declare the intent of section 5, Regulation VII of 1822, touching claims to malikana.
1. Experience having demonstrated the expediency of modifying certain enactments of Regulation VII of 1822, also of providing a more speedy and satisfactory mode of deciding such judicial questions as may be cognisable by officers of the Revenue Department under that Regulation and of declaring the intent of the rules regarding malikana promulgated by section 5, Regulation VII of 1822; it having been found expedient likewise that measures should be adopted for enforcing the production of the village- accounts, and for rendering them accessible to all persons concerned having occasion to examine them; also that persons of respectability should be employed in more important trusts connected with the revenue administration; the following provisions have been enacted, to be in force from the date of their promulgation.
5. When Collector making settlements considers arbitration necessary, he may fix period for production of award
6. When Collector may summon panchayat
8. Bar of appeal:- submission to second panchayat
9. Non-suit of suit to set aside decision: also suits against arbitrators
10. Property lost by arbitrators decision non-suited
11. Intention of rules as to malikana in section 5, Regulation VII, 1822
13. Account to be furnished according to directions of Board
16. Appointment of Deputy Collector
20. Subordination of Deputy Collectors
21. Duties in which Collectors may employ them