The Drugs Technical Advisory Board
5. (1) The Government shall, as soon as may be, constitute a Board (to be called the Drugs Technical Advisory Board) to advise the Government on technical matters arising out of the administration of this Act and to carry out the other functions assigned to it by this Act.
[(2) The Board shall consist of such members including a Chairman as the Government may, by notification in the official Gazette, appoint such members.]
(2A) [Omitted by section 3 and the Second Schedule of the Bangladesh Laws (Revision And Declaration) Act, 1973
(Act No. VIII of 1973).]
[(3) The member of the Board shall hold office for such term as the Government may fix.]
(4) The Board may, subject to the previous approval of the Government, make by laws fixing a quorum and regulating its own procedure and the conduct of all business to be transacted by it.
(5) The Board may constitute sub committees and may appoint to such sub committees for such periods, not exceeding three years, as it may decide, or temporarily for the consideration of particular matters, persons who are not members of the Board.
(6) The functions of the Board may be exercised notwithstanding any vacancy therein.
(7) The Government shall appoint a person to be Secretary of the Board and shall provide the Board with such clerical and other staff as the Government considers necessary.