2. In this Ordinance, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context-
(1) “factory” means a factory as defined in clause (j) of section 2 of the Factories Act, 1934;
(2) “factory buildings” includes all buildings comprised in the factory, and such other buildings (including residential buildings for staff and workmen, hospitals and welfare centres) within a radius of two miles from the main factory as are in the same ownership or occupation as the factory and are used for the purpose of the factory;
(3) “the Fund” means the Riot and Civil Commotion Insurance Fund constituted under section 11 hereafter mentioned;
(4) “Riot and Civil Commotion Risks” means the risks of loss or damage (including loss or damage due to fire or explosion) directly caused by persons taking part in riots or civil commotions or by strikers or locked out workers or by persons of malicious intent acting on behalf of or in connection with any political organization; also loss or damage (including loss or damage due to fire or explosion) directly caused by the action of any lawfully constituted Authority in connection with the foregoing perils only:
Provided always that the following shall be expressly excluded from the scope of this section:-
(i) loss or damage caused by any of the perils hereby insured against, if such loss or damage either in origin or extent is directly or indirectly proximately or remotely, occasioned by or contributed to by any of the following occurrences, or, either in origin or extent directly or indirectly, proximately or remotely, arises out of or in connection with any of such occurrences, namely, war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities or warlike operations, (whether war be declared or not);
(ii) loss or damage occasioned by cessation of work;
(iii) consequential loss or damage of any kind or description whatsoever including delay, deterioration and loss of market.
(5) “prescribed” means prescribed by rules made by the Government under this Ordinance.