Dismissal, removal or reduction by Commander of Air Staff or other officers
20. (1) The Chief of Air Staff, or any officer, empowered in this behalf under the rules may at any time dismiss or remove from the service any person subject to this Act other than an officer.
(2) The Chief of Air Staff or any officer empowered in this behalf under the rules may reduce to a lower grade, or to a lower rank or to the ranks, any non-commissioned officer.
(3) The Chief of Air Staff or any officer empowered in this behalf under the rules may reduce to a lower class in the ranks any airman other than a non-commissioned officer.
(4) The commanding officer of an acting non-commissioned officer may order him to revert to his substantive rank as a non-commissioned officer, or if he has no substantive rank, to the ranks.
(5) On active service, an officer commanding the air forces in the field may reduce to a lower rank or to the ranks any non-commissioned officer under his command.
(6) The exercise of any powers under this section shall be subject to the other provisions contained in this Act, and the rules and regulations made thereunder.