Remedy of aggrieved warrant officers and airmen
26. (1) Any [Master warrant officer or warrant officer] or airman who deems himself wronged by any superior or other officer may, if not attached to a unit or detachment, complain to the officer under whose command or order he is serving; and may, if attached to a unit or detachment, complain to the officer commanding the same.
(2) When the officer complained against is the officer to whom any complaint should, under sub-section (1) be preferred, the aggrieved [master warrant officer or] warrant officer or airman may complain to such officer's next superior officer, and if he thinks himself wronged by such superior officer, he may complain to the Chief of Air Staff.
(3) Every officer receiving any such complaint shall make as complete an investigation into it as may be possible for giving full redress to the complainant; or when necessary, refer the complaint to a superior authority.
(4) Every such complaint shall be preferred in such manner as may from time to time be specified by the proper authority.
(5) The Government may revise any decision by the Chief of Air Staff under sub-section (2), but subject thereto, the decision of the Chief of Air Staff shall be final.