Constitution of the Kartripakkha
[4. (1) The Kartripakkha shall consist of a Chairman and not more than five other members.
(2) The Chairman and other members shall be appointed by the Government on such terms and conditions as it may determine.
(3) The Chairman and other members shall be the whole-time officers of the Kartripakkha.
(4) The Chairman shall be the chief executive officer of the Kartripakkha.
(5) The Chairman and other members shall exercise such powers and perform such functions as may be prescribed, or as may be assigned to them by the Government from time to time.
(6) If a vacancy occurs in the office of the Chairman or if the Chairman is unable to discharge the functions of his office on account of absence, illness or any other cause, the Government shall make such arrangement for discharging the functions of the office of Chairman as it may consider expedient.
Copyright © 2019, Legislative and Parliamentary Affairs Division
Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs