Issuing certificate, or marrying without publication of notice; marrying after expiry of notice;
solemnizing marriage with minor within fourteen days without authority of Court, or without sending copy of notice;
71. A Marriage Registrar under this Act, who commits any of the following offences:–
(1) knowingly and wilfuly issues any certificate for marriage, or solemnizes any marriage, without publishing the notice of such marriage as directed by this Act;
(2) after the expiration of two months after the copy of the notice has been entered as required by section 40 in respect of any marriage, solemnizes such marriage;
(3) solemnizes, without any order of a competent Court authorizing him to do so, any marriage, when one of the parties is a minor, before the expiration of fourteen days after the receipt of the notice of such marriage, or without sending, by the post or otherwise, a copy of such notice to the Senior Marriage Registrar of the district if there be more Marriage Registrars of the district than one, and if he himself be not the Senior Marriage Registrar;
(4) issues any certificate the issue of which has been prohibited, as in this Act provided, by any person authorized to prohibit the issue thereof,
shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to five years, and shall also be liable to fine.