Power of the Government to acquire hats and bazars and determination of compensation
3. (1) Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, the Government may, by notification in the official Gazette, acquire with effect from such date as may be specified in that notification, any hat or bazar established in any area after the final publication of the Compensation Assessment-roll under section 42 of the [* * *] State Acquisition and Tenancy Act, 1950, in respect of that area, on payment of compensation at the rate provided for in clause (b) of sub-section (1) of section 39 of the said Act.
(2) On and from the date specified in the notification under sub-section (1) in respect of any hat or bazar, such hat or bazar shall vest in the Government free from all encumbrances.
(3) The compensation payable under sub-section (1) shall be determined and paid to person or persons interested by the Deputy Commissioner in such manner as may be prescribed by rules made under this Ordinance.
(4) An appeal against the order of the Deputy Commissioner under sub-section (3), if preferred within 30 days of the date of the order, shall lie to the [Commissioner of the Division].
[(4a) An order of the Commissioner passed under sub-section (4) and, subject only to such order, an order of the Deputy Commissioner passed under sub-section (3) shall be final.]
(5) [Omitted by the Schedule of the Bangladesh Laws (Repealing and Amending) Order, 1973 (President's Order No. 12 of 1973).]