Appointment of public analysts
4. [(1) Every local authority shall appoint one or more persons to be the Public Analyst of Food within its area to carry out the purposes of this Ordinance.
(1A) The Government may, except for an area of a City Corporation or a Paurashava or an area notified as local authority under section 3(7)(c), appoint one or more persons to be the Public Analysts of Food for such local area as may be specified by the Government.
(1B) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-sections (1) and (1A), the Government may appoint a public Analyst of Food appointed under sub-sections (1) and (1A) for such other area in addition to his local area.]
(2) No person shall be appointed a public analyst for any area-
(a) if he is directly or indirectly engaged in any trade or business connected with the manufacture or sale of any article of food, and
(b) unless he possesses, on the date of his appointment, such qualifications as may be prescribed.
(3) The appointment by a local authority of any person to be a public analyst, and the removal of any person so appointed, shall be subject to the approval of the Government.
(4) The salary payable to, and the conditions of appointment of, a public analyst appointed under this section shall be such as may be prescribed.
(5) The Government, or the local authority, with the approval of the Government, may appoint a person to act as public analyst during any vacancy in the office of, or during the absence or in capacity of, the public analyst.