Registration of certain premises
21. (1) After the commencement of this Ordinance, no premises shall be used for-
(a) the wholesale manufacture or wholesale sale of any article of food notified under section 7 or specified in sections 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13, or
(b) the manufacture or sale of ice-cream or any pickled, potted, pressed or preserved food, or
(c) hotel, inn, restaurant or sweetmeat shop,
unless such premises have been registered by the occupier thereof in such manner, by such date and on payment of such fee as may be prescribed:
Provided that the occupier of any premises so used on the date of the commencement of this Ordinance shall be allowed a period of two months from that date within which to effect registration.
Explanation.- For the purposes of this section, the preparation of meat or fish by any process of cooking shall be deemed to be the preservation thereof.
(2) Every registration under this section shall be renewed annually by the occupier of the preimses in such manner, by such date and on payment of such fee as may be prescribed.
(3) An application for registration or renewal thereof shall, in the prescribed manner and form, be made to the local authority, which shall, in the prescribed manner and form, maintain a record of every such registration and renewal thereof.
(4) The occupier of premises specified in clause (a) of sub-section (1) shall, in the prescribed form, maintain a record showing the quantity of each consignment of food despatched from such premises and the destination of each consignment, and such record shall be open to inspection by such officer of the local authority as may be authorised by the local authority in this behalf.
(5) The registration of any premises under this section may be cancelled by the local authority if-
(a) the premises cease to be used for the purposes for which they were registered,
(b) in the case of premises specified in clause (a) of sub-section (1), if the occupier fails to maintain the record referred to in sub-section (4), or
(c) if the occupier is convicted of an offence punishable under this Ordinance :
Provided that in the case of the first conviction under this Ordinance, the registration will not be cancelled unless the Court is of opinion that the offence is so serious as to warrant the cancellation of registration; but in the case of subsequent convictions under this Ordinance, the cancellation of registration will follow as a matter of course.
(6) Nothing in this section shall apply to any premises used primarily as a club, theatre, cinema or public hall.