Special provision as to rank and command in certain cases
6. Any person or class of persons subject to this Ordinance under clause (c) of sub-section (2) of section 2-
(1) shall be so subject as officers, [master chief petty officers, chief petty officers] or petty officers as the Government or any officer authorised by it in that behalf may direct;
(2) in respect of whom no direction under clause (1) is in force, shall be deemed to be of a [rank] [lower] to that of a petty officer;
(3) shall be deemed to be under the commanding officer of the naval ship, naval vessel or naval establishment, if any, to which he is attached, and if he is not so attached, under the command of any officer who may, for the time being, be named as his commanding officer by the officer commanding the force with which such person may be serving, or of any other prescribed officer, and if no such officer is named or prescribed, under the command of the said officer commanding the force;
(4) shall not be placed under the command of an officer of official rank inferior to that of such person if there is present at the place where such person is any officer of higher rank under whose command he can be placed.