176. For the purposes of this Chapter-
(1) a person shall be deemed to be a deserter if he without authority has been absent from duty for a period of thirty days and has not subsequently surrendered or been apprehended;
(2) the expression “service and other debts in ship or naval establishment” includes money due as naval debts, namely, sums due in respect of, or any advance in respect of-
(b) mess, band, and other service accounts; and
(c) naval clothing, appointments and equipments, not exceeding a sum equal to three months' pay of the deceased, and having become due within eighteen months before his death;
(3) “representation” includes probate and letters of administration with or without the will annexed, and a succession certificate, constituting a person the executor or administrator of the estate of a deceased person or authorising him to receive or realize the assets of a deceased person;
(4) “representative” means any person who has taken out representation.