Appointment, powers and duties of the Chairman
11. (1) The Chairman shall be a wholetime officer of the Board and shall be appointed by the [President] on such terms and conditions as the [President] may determine.
(2) The Chairman shall hold office for a term of three years from the date of notification of his appointment and on the expiry of the term of office shall be eligible for reappointment.
(3) When the office of the Chairman falls vacant temporarily or otherwise, by reason of leave, illness or other cause for a period not exceeding one year, the [President] shall, notwithstanding anything contained in sub sections (1) and (2), make such arrangements for carrying on the duties of the office of the Chairman as he may think fit.
(4) The Chairman shall be the Principal Executive and Academic Officer of the Board and shall, when present, preside at the meetings of -
(i) the Board;
(ii) the Academic Committee;
(iii) the Selection Committee;
(iv) the Finance Committee; and
(v) such other Committees of the Board at which he is present.
(5) It shall be the duty of the Chairman to ensure that the provisions of this Ordinance and the regulations are faithfully observed and carried out and he shall exercise all powers necessary for this purpose.
(6) In any emergency arising out of the administrative business of the Board and requiring, in the opinion of the Chairman, immediate action, the Chairman may take such action as he may deem necessary and shall report the action so taken to the Board at its next meeting for approval.
(7) The Chairman shall exercise such other powers as may be delegated by the [President], or prescribed by regulations.