The Agricultural Development Corporation Ordinance, 1961 (East Pakistan Ordinance)
NO. XXXVII OF 1961
[ 16th October, 1961 ]
PLANS, PROJECTS AND SCHEMES
21. Subject to the provisions of this Ordinance and the rules and regulations, the Corporation shall, with the previous approval in writing of the Government, prepare an outline plan or plans for the execution of its objectives.
Development Schemes and Projects
22. (1) The Corporation shall prepare schemes and projects for Development in specific areas and submit them for the approval of the Government.
(2) Every such scheme or project shall, subject to the provisions of this Ordinance, contain the following particulars, namely:-
(a) a description of the scheme or project and the manner and programme of its execution;
(b) an estimate of costs involved and benefits expected to accrue therefrom, and the allocation of costs to the various purposes to be served by the scheme or project and the amounts to be repaid by persons benefited thereby; and
(c) the target to be achieved.
Declaration of Project Area
23. On the receipt of a scheme or project under section 22, the Government may, by notification in the official Gazette declare any area to be a “Project Area”.
Powers and functions of the Corporation in a Project Area
24. Within a Project Area, the Corporation shall, in addition to the powers and functions specified in this Ordinance, exercise such powers and perform such functions as may be detailed in the aforesaid notification.
Delegation or entrustment by the Government of powers and functions to the Corporation
25. The Government may, by notification in the official Gazette, delegate or entrust any such powers and functions to the Corporation or any officer as may be exercised or performed by the Government, or any authority subordinate to it, under any other law for the time being in force.
26. The Corporation may set up such subsidiary organisations as may be necessary for the execution of any of its schemes or projects and delegate or entrust to any such organisation such of powers and functions as it thinks fit.
27. The Corporation may enter into commercial transactions with any person or organisation.
Withdrawal of the Corporation from a Project Area
28. After the achievement of the targets of a scheme or project, the Government may permit or require the Corporation to withdraw from a Project Area, and on such withdrawal the area shall cease to be a Project Area:
Provided that the Government may make arrangements for the continuation of any activities or undertakings of the Corporation in such area after it has ceased to be a Project Area.