Print View

[Section Index]

The Agricultural Development Corporation Ordinance, 1961 (East Pakistan Ordinance)

( Ordinance NO. XXXVII OF 1961 )

Chapter IV


Power of entry

20. (1) The Chairman, or any other person authorised by him in writing, may enter upon and survey any land, undertake investigations, erect pillars for the determination of areas and intended lines of works, make borings and excavations for the discovery of water, construct channels and aqueducts for securing the flow of water, and do all other acts which may be necessary in order to carry out all or any of the objects of this Ordinance:


Provided that when the affected land does not vest in the Corporation, the powers conferred by this sub section shall be exercised in such manner as to cause the least interference with and the least damage to, the rights of the owner thereof.


(2) When any person enters into or upon any land in pursuance of sub section (1), he shall, at the time of entering, pay or tender payment for all necessary damage to be done as aforesaid, and in case of dispute as to the sufficiency of the amount so paid or tendered, he shall at once refer the dispute to the Corporation whose decision shall be final.


(3) It shall be lawful for any person authorised under sub section (1) to make an entry for the purpose of inspection or search, to open or cause to be opened a door, gate or other barrier, at any time between the hours of sunrise and sunset,-


(a) if he considers the opening thereof necessary for the purpose of such entry, inspection, or search; and


(b) if the occupier or owner, as the case may be, is absent, or being present refuses to open such door, gate or barrier:


Provided that the compensation shall be paid for the damage caused in such manner as the Corporation may prescribe, and in case of dispute as to the sufficiency of the amount the matter shall be referred to the Corporation, whose decision shall be final.


Copyright © 2019, Legislative and Parliamentary Affairs Division
Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs