Print View

[Section Index]

The Irrigation Act, 1876

( ACT NO. III OF 1876 )

Person may acquire existing village-channel by agreement
48. Any person may, with the consent of the canal- officer, acquire the property in an existing village-channel for the purpose of improving or maintaining it-
(a) by taking over any village-channel belonging to Government;
(b) by transfer of a village-channel from the owner thereof by private agreement.

Copyright © 2019, Legislative and Parliamentary Affairs Division
Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs