IMPORT, MANUFACTURE, FORMULATION, REPACKING, SALE, DISTRIBUTION AND USE OF PESTICIDES
Requirement of licence
[8A. (1) Any person may, after obtaining a licence granted by the licensing authority, import, manufacture, formulate, repack, sell, offer for sale, hold in stock for sale, involve in pest control operation on commercial basis or advertise in any manner any brand of registered pesticide.
(2) Any person intending to import, manufacture, formulate, repack, sell, offer for sale, hold in stock for sale, involve in pest control operation on commercial basis or advertise any brand of registered pesticide may apply for a licence to the licensing authority.
(3) An application under sub-section (2) shall be in such form, be accompanied by such fee and contain such statements and information as may be prescribed.
(4) A licence granted under this section shall be in such form and subject to such conditions as may be prescribed.
(5) A licence granted under this section shall, unless suspended or cancelled under sub-section (6), remain valid for a period of two years from the date of issue of the licence and may, on payment of such fees as may be prescribed, be renewed for a like term.
(6) The licensing authority shall have power to suspend or cancel the licence:
Provided that no licence shall be suspended or cancelled without giving the licensee an opportunity of showing cause and of being heard in person.
(7) Any licensee aggrieved by an order of the licensing authority under sub-section (6) may, within sixty days from the date of the order and on payment of such fee as may be prescribed prefer an appeal to the Government whose decision in the matter shall be final.
(8) In this section, the expression “licensing authority” shall mean such authority as may be prescribed.]