The agriculture Pesticide Technical Advisory Committee
12. (1) As soon as may be after the commencement of this Ordinance, the Government shall constitute a committee, to be called the [* * *] Pesticide Technical Advisory Committee, to advise the Government on technical matters arising out of the administration of this Ordinance and to perform any other functions assigned to it by or under this Ordinance.
(2) The Committee shall consist of a Chairman and such number of Vice-Chairmen and other members, being officers of the [Government and] persons representing trade and industry engaged in pesticide business, as the Government may appoint:
[* * *]
(3) The names of the Chairman, the Vice-Chairmen and the other members of the Committee shall be published in the official Gazette.
(4) The Government shall appoint one of the members of the Committee, being an officer of [the] Government, to be the Secretary of the Committee for the period for which he is such a member.
(5) The non-official members of the Committee shall hold office for a term of three years and shall be eligible for re-appointment.
(6) A member of the Committee may, at any time, resign his office by writing under his hand addressed to the Chairman; but the seat of such member shall not be deemed to have fallen vacant unless the resignation has been accepted by the Chairman with the previous approval of the Government.
(7) A person appointed to fill a vacancy created by the registration or death of a member shall hold office for the residue of the term of his predecessor.
(8) The functions of the Committee may be exercised notwithstanding any vacancy in the membership thereof.
(9) The Committee shall have the power to regulate with the prior approval of the Government the procedure for the conduct of its business.
(10) The Committee may appoint sub-committees consisting of specialists for the consideration of particular matters for such periods, not exceeding three years, as it may consider necessary.