2. In this Order, unless the context requires otherwise-
(1) “Insurance business” means all business as defined in clauses (6B), (6C), (11), (13A) and (13B) of section 2 of the Insurance Act of an insurer.
(2) “Custodian” means the person appointed under section 3 to take over the management of any Insurance business of an insurer.
(3) “Insurance Act” means the Insurance Act, 1938
(4) “Insurer” means the insurer as defined under clause (9) of section 2 of the Insurance Act, 1938
as adapted in Bangladesh under the Bangladesh (Adaptation of Insurance Act) Order, 1972, and includes a provident society as defined in section 65 of the said Act.
(5) “notified order” means an order as notified in the official Gazette.
(6) All other words and expressions used in this Order but not defined, and defined in the Insurance Act, 1938
shall have the same meanings respectively assigned to them in that Act.