Amendments of Act XIV of 1963
7. The following amendments shall be made in the Gift Tax Act, 1963 (XIV of 1963), namely:-
(1) throughout the Act, for the words “rupee” or “rupees” the word “Taka” shall be substituted;
(2) after section 13, the following new section shall be inserted, namely:-
“13A. (1) Every person who is required to furnish a return under sub-section (1) of section 13 shall pay, on or before the date on which he furnishes such return, the amount of tax payable on the basis of the return.
(2) If any person has, without reasonable cause failed to pay the tax under sub-section (1), he shall be deemed to be an assessee in default.”;
(3) in section 26,-
(a) throughout the section, for the words “High Court” the words “High Court Division” shall be substituted; and
(b) in sub-section (7), for the words “Supreme Court” the words “Appellate Division” shall be substituted;
(4) In section 27,-
(a) for the words “a case has been stated”, the words “an application has been made” shall be substituted and shall be deemed to have been so substituted on and from the first day of July, 1971; and
(b) for the words “High Court”, wherever occurring, the words, “High Court Division” shall be substituted;
(5) after section 27, the following new section shall be inserted, namely:-
“28. Appeal to Appellate Division.- (1) An appeal shall lie to the Appellate Division from any judgment of the High Court Division delivered on a case referred to under section 26 in any case which the High Court Division certifies as a fit case for appeal to the Appellate Division.
(2) Where the judgment of the High Court Division is varied or reversed on appeal under this section, effect shall be given to the order of the Appellate Division in the manner provided in sub-section (6) of section 26.
(3) The High Court Division may, on application made to it for the execution of any order of the Appellate Division in respect of any costs awarded by it, transmit the order for execution to any Court subordinate to the Supreme Court.”;
(6) section 32A shall omitted;
(7) section 32B shall be omitted.