Meetings of the Board
9. (1) The meetings of the Board shall be held at such times and places as may be prescribed:
Provided that a meeting may also be otherwise convened by the [Secretary of the Board], with the prior approval of the Chairman, when he so thinks fit.
(2) Four members shall constitute a quorum at a meeting of the Board.
(3) At a meeting of the Board, each member shall have one vote, and in the event of equality of votes the Chairman [or the member presiding over the meeting] shall have a second or casting vote.
(4) The meeting of the Board shall be presided over by the Chairman, and in the absence of the Chairman, [* * *] by a member elected for the purpose by the members present.
(5) No act or proceeding of the Board shall be invalid merely on the ground of existence of any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Board.
Copyright © 2019, Legislative and Parliamentary Affairs Division
Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs