9. [(1) The Director-General shall be appointed by the Board for a term of three years on such conditions as the Board may determine:
Provided that the Director-General shall be eligible for re-appointment for another term.]
(2) The Director-General shall be the chief executive of the Protishthan and subject to the provisions of the Act, he shall administer the affairs and the funds of the Protishthan in such manner as may be prescribed.
(3) The Director-General shall be responsible for implementation of the decisions of the Board in directing, conducting and co-ordinating the research and other activities of [the Protishthan with the assistance of the Committees].
(4) The Director-General may, with the approval of the Board, appoint such officers and employees as may be considered necessary for efficient performance of the functions of the Protishthan on such terms and conditions as may be determined.
(5) [Omitted by section 10 of the Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (Amendment) Ordinance, 1984 (Ordinance No. XXXI of 1984).]
Copyright © 2019, Legislative and Parliamentary Affairs Division
Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs