An Ordinance to provide for the constitution of a separate police-force for the Dhaka Metropolitan Area and for the regulation thereof.♣
WHEREAS it is expedient to provide for the constitution of a separate police-force for the Dhaka Metropolitan Area and for the regulation thereof and for matters connected therewith or ancillary thereto;
NOW, THEREFORE, in pursuance of the Proclamations of the 20th August, 1975, and 8th November, 1975, and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the President is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:-
1. Short title, extent and commencement
4. Jurisdiction of District Magistrate barred in certain cases
6. Superintendence of the Force
7. Police Commissioner, Additional Police Commissioners, Deputy Police Commissioners and Assistant Police Commissioners
7A. Classes and ranks of subordinate officers
8. Appointment of subordinate officers
11. Power of Police Commissioner to make orders for administration of the Force
12. Punishment to Subordinate Officers
13. Police-officers to be deemed always on duty
14. Resignation of Subordinate Officers
15. General duties of Police-officers
16. Duties of police-officers towards the public and arrested persons
17. Duties of police-officers to keep order in streets, etc.
18. Persons bound to conform to reasonable directions given by police-officers
19. Power of Police-officers to enforce their directives
19A. Power of police-officers to lay information, etc.
20. Power of police-officers to search suspected persons in streets, etc.
21. Enforcement of directions, notifications, public notices and orders given, issued or made under sections 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 or 32
22. Charge of unclaimed property and disposal thereof
24. Powers as to inspection, search and seizure of false weights and measures
25. Power of Police Commissioner to make regulations
26. Police Commissioner may authorise erection of barriers on streets
27. Power of Police Commissioner and other police-officers to give directions to the public
28. Power of Police Commissioner to prohibit certain acts for prevention of disorder
29. Power of Police Commissioner to prohibit assembly or procession
30. Power of Police Commissioner to reserve any street or public place for any public purpose
31. Power of Police Commissioner to prohibit, restrict or regulate use of music, etc.
32. Orders for prevention of riot, etc.
33. Police to provide against disorder, etc., at places of amusement and public meetings
35.Suffering or unfit animals to be destroyed
36. Employment of additional police on application
37. Employment of additional police at certain places
39. Removal of persons about to commit offence
40. Removal of persons convicted of certain offences
41. Period of operation of orders under section 38, 39 or 40
42. Hearing to be given before order under section 38, 39 or 40 is made
44. Certain orders of Police Commissioner or Government not to be called in question
45. Procedure on failure of person to leave Metropolitan Area and his entry therein after removal
46. Penalty for refusal to serve as auxiliary police-officer
47. Penalty for making false statement, etc.
48. Penalty for misconduct of police-officer
49. Penalty for contravention of section 14
50. Penalty for neglect or refusal to deliver up certificate of appointment, etc.
51. Penalty for unlawful entry and search by police-officer
52. Penalty for vexatious search, detention, etc., by police-officer
53. Penalty for personal violence, threat, etc., by police-officer
54. Penalty for unnecessary delay in forwarding an arrested person
55. Penalty for unauthorised use of police uniform
56. Penalty for contravention of regulations under section 25
57. Penalty for contravention of directions under section 27
58. Penalty for contravention of prohibition under section 28
59. Penalty for contravention of order under section 29
60. Penalty for contravention of prohibition under section 30
61. Penalty for contravention of order under section 31
62. Penalty for contravention of order under section 38, 39 or 40
63. Penalty for entering or returning without permission
64. Penalty for failure to conform to directions of police-officers
65. Penalty for wrong driving and violation of traffic regulations
67. Penalty for obstructing a footway
68. Penalty for causing obstruction in street or public places
69. Penalty for exposing anything for sale contrary to regulation
70. Penalty for letting loose any animal
71. Penalty for exposing animal or vehicle for hire or sale, etc.
72. Penalty for making or repairing vehicle in street or public place
72A. Penalty for keeping or storing building materials or other articles in street or public place
73. Penalty for slaughtering animal or cleaning a carcass
74. Penalty for soliciting for purposes of prostitution
75. Penalty for indecent behaviour in public
77. Penalty for obstructing or annoying passengers in streets
78. Penalty for misbehaviour with intent to provoke a breach of peace
79. Penalty for exhibiting mimetic, musical or other performance, etc.
80. Penalty for committing nuisance in or near street, etc.
81. Penalty for begging and exposing offensive ailments
82. Penalty for bathing or washing in places not set apart for the purpose
83. Penalty for smoking and spitting in contravention of a notice
84. Penalty for wilful trespass
85. Penalty for false alarm of fire or damage to fire-alarm
86. Penalty for being found under suspicious circumstances between sunset and sunrise
87. Penalty for carrying weapon without authority
88. Penalty for possession of property of which no satisfactory account can be given
89. Penalty for taking liquor, etc. into hospital, etc.
90. Penalty for omission by pawn-brokers, etc., to report to police possession of stolen property
91. Penalty for melting, etc., of such property
92. Penalty for gambling in street
93. Penalty for permitting disorderly conduct at places of public amusement
93A. Penalty for selling admission tickets at higher price
94. Penalty for allowing cattle to stray in street or trespass upon property
95. Penalty for affixing bills or otherwise defacing building, etc.
96. Penalty for lighting fires, discharging guns or letting off fire-works
98. Offences committed by firms, etc.
100. Power of arrest without warrant
101. Disposal of certain specified cases
102. Power of police-officers to impose penalty in certain cases
103. Prosecution for offences under other laws not affected
103A. Requisitioning of vehicles
104. Regulations, orders, etc., not invalidated by defect of form or irregularity in procedure
105A. Limitation of legal proceedings
106. Public notices how to be given
108. Power of Government to include or exclude areas in or from Metropolitan Area