Procedure for making publication and confirmation of rules
18. (1) An authority making rules under this Act shall, before making the rules, publish a draft of the proposed rules for the information of persons likely to be affected thereby.
(2) The publication shall be made in such manner as the Government, from time to time, by notification in the official Gazette prescribes.
(3) There shall be published with the draft a notice specifying a date at or after which the draft will be taken into consideration.
(4) The authority making the rules shall receive and consider any objection or suggestion which may be made by any person with respect to the draft before the date so specified.
(5) A rule made under this Act shall not take effect until it has been published in the official Gazette.
(6) The publication in the official Gazette or a rule purporting to be made under this Act shall be conclusive evidence that it has been duly made, and, if it requires sanction, that it has been duly sanctioned.
(7) All powers to make rules conferred by this Act may be exercised from time to time as occasion requires.