The Rajshahi Town Development Authority Ordinance, 1976
NO. LXXVIII OF 1976
[ 22nd October, 1976 ]
এই অধ্যাদেশ রাজশাহী উন্নয়ন কর্তৃপক্ষ আইন, ২০১৮ (২০১৮ সনের ৩ নং আইন) দ্বারা রহিত করা হইয়াছে।
Penalty for contravention of provisions of sections 12, 23, 24 or 29
49. (1) Whoever contravenes the provisions of section 12, 23 or 29 or fails to comply with any direction given to him under section 24, shall, on conviction before a Court of competent jurisdiction, be punishable with a fine which may extend to Taka five thousand and with a further fine which may extend to Taka fifty for each day after the first during which such contravention or non-compliance continues.
(2) The Court convicting any person under sub section (1) shall fix a date within which the unauthorised building or tank shall be removed or filled up by such person and may, for sufficient reason, extend such date.
(3) If the person convicted under sub-section (1) fails to comply with the direction of the Court under sub-section (2) within the date fixed or, as the case may be, within the date extended, it shall be lawful for the Authority to cause such building or tank to be removed or filled up, and the cost of such removal or filling up shall be recoverable from that person as a public demand.
Penalty for obstructing contractor or removing mark
50. If any person-
(a) obstructs or molests any person with whom the Authority has entered into a contract in the performance or execution by such person of his duty or of anything which he is empowered or required to do by virtue or in consequence of this Ordinance or any rule made thereunder; or
(b) removes any mark set up for the purpose of indicating any level or direction necessary to the execution of work authorised by this Ordinance or any rule made or development scheme approved thereunder,
he shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to six months, or with fine which may extend to Taka one thousand.
Penalty for disobedience of orders
51. Whoever, without lawful excuse, fails or refuses to comply with any direction issued or order made by the Authority under this Ordinance shall be punishable with fine which may extend to Taka one thousand.
Cognizance of offences
52. No Court shall take cognizance of any offence under this Ordinance, except on a complaint, in writing, made by the Authority or by a person authorised by it in this behalf.