Preparation of general development plan
10. (1) The Authority shall prepare in the prescribed manner a general development plan for the area within its territorial limits and submit the same to the Government for approval; and the Government may approve the plan with or without modifications.
(2) The general development plan shall broadly indicate,-
(a) future road system;
(b) future drainage system;
(c) future water supply system;
(d) future distribution of educational institutions, health service facilities, public open spaces and places of recreation;
(e) location of future industrial establishments and commercial centres;
(f) lands likely to be required for development projects the execution of which may commence within five years from the date of submission of the general development plan to the Government; and
(g) such other matters as the Authority may deem fit to indicate in it.
(3) The general development plan shall include such maps, charts, graphs and other descriptive matters and reports as the Authority may consider necessary to fully explain the proposals contained in the plan with their implications, justifications and benefits.
(4) The general development plan shall lay down such basic planning policy as the Authority may deem appropriate for overall long term development of the areas to which this Ordinance extends but the plan need not precisely indicate the land to be required or acquired for any purpose, alignment for any road, drain or water supply line, the boundaries of any public open space or the sites for educational institutions, heath service facilities and other amenities and public utility services.
(5) All future development schemes for any area within the limits of the Authority formulated by the Authority or other agencies shall be in conformity with the general development plan.