Composition of Paurashava
6. [(1) A Paurashava shall consist of-
(a) a Chairman;
(b) such number of [* * *] commissioners as may be fixed by the Government; and
[(bb) such number of commissioners as are exclusively reserved for women under sub-section (3).]
[* * *]]
(2) [ [The] Chairman and Commissioners] of a Paurashava shall be elected by direct election on the basis of adult franchise in accordance with the provisions of this Ordinance and the rules made thereunder [.
[* * *]]
[(3) There shall be one-third reserved seats exclusively for woman of such number of commissioners as are fixed by the Government under clause (b) of sub-section (1) in each Paurashava, hereinafter referred to as reserved seats, who shall be elected by direct election on the basis of adult franchise in accordance with the provision of this Ordinance and the rules made thereunder:
Provided that nothing in this sub-section shall prevent a woman from being elected to any of the seats other than reserved seats.]
(4) The Chairman of a Paurashava shall be deemed to be a commissioner of the Paurashava.
(5) There shall be paid to the [Chairman and commissioners] of a Paurashava such honorarium as may be prescribed.
(6) [Omitted by section 4 of the Paurashava (Second Amendment) Ordinance, 1984 (Ordinance No. LXIII of 1984).]