Constitution of the Board, etc.
4. [(1) The Board shall consist of the following members, namely:-
(a) a Chairman to be appointed by the Government;
(b) two whole time members to be appointed by the Government;
(c) Chairman, Bangladeshiyo Cha Sangsad, ex-officio;
(d) Chairman, Tea Traders Association of Bangladesh, ex-officio;
(e) Joint Secretary (Export), Ministry of Commerce, ex-officio;
(f) Commissioner, Chittagong Division, ex-officio;
(g) Chief Conservator of Forests, ex-officio;
(h) one member to be appointed by the Government from among tea brokers;
(i) two members to be appointed by the Government from among tea planters.]
(2) The Chairman shall be [a whole-time officer and the chief executive] of the Board and shall be responsible for the efficient management, control and conduct of the affairs of the Board.
(3) [Omitted by section 2 of the Tea (Amendment) Ordinance, 1986 (Ordinance No. XV of 1986).]
(4) [An appointed member] shall, subject to the other provisions of this section, hold office for a term of three years, and shall be eligible for re-appointment.
(5) [An appointed member] may, at any time, resign his office by notice in writing addressed to the Government:
Provided that no resignation shall take effect until it has been accepted by the Government.
(6) The Government may, at any time, by order in writing, terminate the appointment of any member without assigning any reason.
(7) [Omitted by section 2 of the Tea (Amendment) Ordinance, 1986 (Ordinance No. XV of 1986).]
(8) No act or proceeding of the Board shall be invalid merely on the ground of the existence of any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Board.