Composition of the Board
6. (1) The Board shall consist of the following members, namely:-
(a) a Chairman to be appointed by the Government;
(b) not more than four persons to be appointed by the Government;
(c) the Registrar, Co-operative Societies, ex-officio;
(d) the Director of Textiles, ex-officio;
[(dd) the Chairman, Bangladesh Sericulture Board, ex-officio;]
(e) the Chairman, Bangladesh Jatiya Samabay Shilpa Samity Limited, ex-officio;
(f) a representative of the Bangladesh Textile Mills Corporation of the rank of a Director to be nominated by that Corporation; [[ * * *]
(ff) representatives from amongst the weavers in Bangladesh, not exceeding two in number, to be nominated by the Government; and]
(g) one person to be nominated by the Government in the Ministry of Finance from amongst the officials of the banks and other financial institutions engaged in rural banking.
(2) The members other than the ex-officio members shall hold office for a period of three years from the date of their appointment or, as the case may be, nomination.
(3) The full-time members shall be appointed on such terms and conditions as the Government may determine.
(4) A member other than an ex-officio member may, at any time, resign his office by notice in writing addressed to the Government:
Provided that no resignation shall take effect until it has been accepted by the Government.
(5) The Chairman shall be the Chief Executive of the Board.
(6) The Chairman and the other full-time members shall perform such functions as may be assigned to them, from time to time, by the Board or as may be prescribed.
(7) No act or proceedings of the Board shall be invalid merely on the ground of the existence of any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Board.