7. (1) The Board shall consist of a whole-time Chairman, [four] whole-time members for the Science and Technology, [Administration,] Finance and Development Divisions of the Council and such number of part-time members, not exceeding four, as may be appointed by the Government.
(2) The Chairman and other members shall be appointed by the Government on such terms and conditions as it may determine and shall, subject to the other provisions of this Ordinance, hold office for a period of three years and shall be eligible for re-appointment for such further period or periods of similar duration as the Government may determine.
(3) The Chairman and other members, except the member in charge of Finance, shall be appointed from amongst persons actively engaged in the pursuit of science and technology and eminent in their own fields of specialisation [:
Provided that the condition specified in this sub-section may be relaxed in the case of appointment of part-time members.]
(4) The Chairman or any other member may, at any time, resign his office by a notice in writing addressed to the Government:
Provided that his resignation shall not take effect until it has been accepted by the Government.
(5) The Government may, at any time, terminate, by order in writing, the appointment of the Chairman or any other member without assigning any reason.
(6) No act or proceedings of the Board shall be invalid merely on the ground of the existence of any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of the Board.