Appointment, power and duties of the Chairman
11. (1) The Chairman shall be a whole time officer of the Board and shall be appointed by the President on such terms and conditions as the President may determine.
(2) When the office of the Chairman falls vacant temporarily or otherwise, by reason of leave, illness or other cause for a period not exceeding one year, the President shall, notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), make such arrangements for carrying on the duties of the office of the Chairman as he may deem fit.
(3) The Chairman shall be the principal executive and academic officer of the Board and shall, when present, preside at the meetings of the Board and the Committees appointed under section 18.
(4) It shall be the duty of the Chairman to ensure that the provisions of this Ordinance and the regulations are faithfully observed and carried out and he shall exercise all powers necessary for this purpose.
(5) In any emergency arising out of the administrative business of the Board and requiring, in the opinion of the Chairman, immediate action, the Chairman shall take such action as he may deem necessary and shall report the action so taken to the Board at its next meeting for information.
(6) The Chairman shall exercise such other powers as may be delegated to him by the Government or as may be prescribed.