Constitution of the Parishad
10. (1) There shall be a Karja Nirbahi Parishad for the management of the affairs of the Academy and for discharging the functions assigned to the Academy under this Ordinance.
(2) The Parishad shall consist of the following members, namely:-
(a) the Mahaparichalak, ex-officio, who shall be the Chairman of the Parishad;
(b) three experts in the field of science and technology to be nominated by the Government;
(c) two Heads of the Departments of Bengali from the Universities to be nominated by the Government;
(d) two persons to be nominated by the Government, one of whom shall be from the Cultural Affairs and Sports Division and the other from the Ministry of Finance;
(e) seven members to be elected by the Academy from its members in the prescribed manner;
(f) two outstanding writers of the Bengali literature to be co-opted in the first meeting of the Parishad; and
(g) the Sachib, ex-officio, who shall also act as the Secretary of the Parishad.
(3) The members other than the ex-officio members of the Parishad shall hold office for a period of three years.
(4) A casual vacancy in the office of the members of the Parishad shall be filled by nomination, election or co-option according as the member whose vacancy is being filled was nominated, elected or co-opted, as the case may be, and the person so nominated, elected or co-opted shall hold office for the unexpired period of the term of his predecessor:
Provided that it shall not be necessary to fill a casual vacancy for a period less than three months.
(5) A member of the Parishad shall, after the expiry of his term, be eligible for fresh nomination, co-option or re-election.