Fund of the Academy
16. (1) There shall be constituted a fund to be called the Bangla Academy Fund to which shall be credited-
(a) grants from the Government;
(b) membership fees;
(c) donation in cash or kind;
(d) sale proceeds and royalties accruing from the publications of the Academy; and
(e) such other funds as may be received by the Academy.
(2) The Fund shall vest in, and shall be administered by the Academy and utilised for the purposes of this Ordinance in such manner as may be prescribed.
(3) The Fund shall be kept in the name of the Academy in one or more banks to be approved by the Parishad.
(4) All payments of a sum of Taka one hundred or above shall be made by crossed cheques.
(5) The Sachib shall sign all cheques:
Provided that all cheques for Taka two thousand or above shall be signed jointly by the Mahaparichalak and the Sachib:
Provided further that all cheques drawn on the bank shall be prepared by the Cashier on the basis of the bills passed by the Accounts Officer and signed by the Sachib after proper checking of the payments to be made.
(6) The Sachib shall have a permanent advance of Taka one thousand only for day to day expenditure of the Academy.