12. (1) The Board may designate an Executive Committee of its members who shall have the power to act for the Board in the interim between Board meetings on all matters which the Board delegates to it. The Director and at least one of the Bangladeshi members shall serve as members of the Executive Committee.
(2) All interim actions of the Executive Committee shall be reported to the Board at its next subsequent meeting.
(3) The Board shall convene, at least once in two years, an external Scientific Review Committee from developing and developed countries of such numbers as the Board may decide for the purpose of carrying out a technical review of the scientific programmes of the Centre.
(4) The Board shall create a Programme Co-ordination Committee for the purpose of co-ordination of research in Bangladesh and may create such other standing committees or ad hoc committees as may be deemed necessary for carrying out the responsibilities of the Centre. The Centre shall be supportive of, and avoid actions prejudicial to, the interest of research in similar fields carried out by other organisations in Bangladesh. A standing committee with representatives from the Government shall be set up for the purpose of co-ordinating research by the Centre with that of other organisations specifically in fertility and related fields in Bangladesh.
(5) The Board shall authorise the creation of an Ethical Review Committee with representation from the Bangladesh Medical Research Council.
(6) The Board may delegate its functions and powers to such committees as may be prescribed.
(7) The powers, functions and duties of different committees shall be such as may be prescribed.