Award of compensation by Deputy Commissioner
20. (1) Where any property is requisitioned under this Part, there shall be paid compensation the amount of which shall be determined in the manner and in accordance with the principles set out in this section.
(2) The Deputy Commissioner shall, after giving the persons interested an opportunity of being heard in respect of their respective interests in the property and the amount and particulars of their claims to compensation for such interests and having regard to the provisions of sub-section (5), make an award of -
(a) the compensation in the manner as may be prescribed; and
(b) the apportionment of the said compensation among all the persons known or believed to be interested in the property, of whom, or of whose claims, he has information.
(3) The award made by the Deputy Commissioner shall, except as hereinafter provided, be final.
(4) The Deputy Commissioner shall give immediate notice of his award to the persons interested.
(5) The amount of compensation payable for the requisition of any property shall consist of -
(a) a recurring payment, in respect of the period of requisition, of a sum equal to the rent which would have been payable for the use and occupation of the property, if it had been taken on lease for that period; and
(b) such sum, if any, as may be found necessary to compensate the persons interested for all or any of the following matters, namely:-
(i) expenses on account of vacating the requisitioned property;
(ii) expenses on account of re-occupying the property upon release from requisitioned; and
(iii) damages, other than normal wear and tear, caused to the property during the period of requisition, including the expenses that may have to be incurred for restoring the property to the condition in which it was at the time of requisition.
(6) Where any property is kept under requisition for more than two years, the Deputy Commissioner shall revise his award regarding the amount payable as compensation under sub-section (5)(a).