Appeal against the award of Arbitrator
34. (1) An appeal shall lie to the Arbitration Appellate Tribunal constituted under sub-section (2), against an award of the Arbitrator.
(2) The Government shall, by notification in the official Gazette, constitute one or more Arbitration Appellate Tribunals for such areas as may be specified therein.
(3) An Arbitration Appellate Tribunal shall consist of a member who shall be appointed by the Government from among persons who are or have been District Judges.
(4) A decision of the Arbitration Appellate Tribunal shall be final.
(5) Where the amount of compensation determined by an Arbitration Appellate Tribunal is higher than the amount specified in the award of the Arbitrator, an additional compensation at the rate of ten per cent per annum on such additional amount shall be payable till that amount is paid or offered for payment [:
Provided that the compensation determined by the Arbitration Appellate Tribunal in respect of each land owner shall not exceed the amount specified in the award of the Arbitrator by more than ten per centum.]
Copyright © 2019, Legislative and Parliamentary Affairs Division
Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs