An Ordinance to establish standards of weights and measures based on metric system and units of measurement.
WHEREAS it is expedient to make provision for the establishment of standards of weights and measures based on metric system and units of measurement and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto;
NOW, THEREFORE, in pursuance of the Proclamation of the 24th March, 1982, and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the Chief Martial Law Administrator is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:-
1. Short title and commencement
3. Provisions of the Ordinance to override the provisions of any other law
4. Base units of System International
5. Supplementary, derived, special and other units of weight or measure, etc
6.National prototype of primary units.
8.Standard of weights and measures
9.Conversion of existing weights and measures into standard measures
13.Standard weighing and measuring instruments
14 Appointment of officers, etc.
15. Verification and stamping by Inspectors
16. Power to inspect and verify weights and measures
17. Power to inspect and verify the contents of sealed packages and containers
18. Power to adjust weights and measures
19. Manufacturers, etc., to maintain records and documents
21. Licence to manufacture weights and measures
22. Weights and measures to contain the number of the approved model, etc.
24. Prohibition of the manufacture, etc. of weights and measures without licence
25. Conditions under which export of non standard weights and other goods may be allowed
26. Non metric weight or measure not to be imported
27. Prohibition of use of weights and measures other than standard weights and measures
28. Prohibition of demanding or receiving a quantity different from that determined in terms of standard weight, etc.
29. Power to direct the use of weights only, or measures only, in certain areas
30. Commercial weights and measures to bear mark of denomination
31. Prohibition of sale, etc., of unstamped commercial weights and measures
32. Penalty for use of non standard weights or measures
33. Penalty for contravention of section 8(4)
34. Penalty for contravention of section 8(5)
35. Penalty for contravention of sections 10, 11 and 12
36. Penalty for contravention of section 16
37.Penalty for contravention of [section 19]
38. Penalty for contravention of section 20
39. Penalty for manufacture of weights and measures unless approval of model is in force
40. Penalty for contravention of section 22
41. Penalty for contravention of section 23
42. Penalty for contravention of section 24
43. Penalty for contravention of section 25
44. Penalty for contravention of section 26
45. Penalty for contravention of section 28
46.Penalty for contravention of [section 31 and 58]
46A. Penalty for counterfeiting seal, etc.
47. Penalty where no specific penalty is provided
48. Presumption to be made in certain cases
49. Penalty for personation of officials
50. Penalty for giving false information or false returns
54. Offences by companies, and proceedings against them
55. Provisions of Penal Code not to apply to any offence under this Ordinance
58. Prohibition of quotations, etc., otherwise than in terms of standard units of weights and measures or numeration
59. Custom, usage, etc., contrary to standard weight, measure or numeration to be void
60. Non metric weight or measure not to be mentioned in any document etc.
|Authentic Bangla Text|