61. (1) The Government may establish a Centre to be known as the Metrology Training Centre (hereafter referred to as the “Centre”) for imparting training in scientific, technical, legal and administrative aspects of Metrology.
(2) The management and control of the affairs of the Centre shall be vested in such person or authority as the Government may direct and shall be carried out in such manner as may be prescribed.
(3) The Government may provide the Centre with such teaching staff and other employees and with such equipments and other facilities as it may think fit to enable the Centre to function efficiently.
(4) The course and curricula for training and the period for which the training may be imparted thereat for each course shall be such as may be specified by the Government from time to time.
(5) The Government shall specify the minimum qualification which a person shall possess in order to be eligible for admission to the Centre for receiving training thereat and different qualifications may be specified for different courses and training imparted at the Centre.
(6) The Government or any corporation or private organisation may depute, in such batches as may be convenient to the Centre, employees of or above the rank of an Inspector for receiving training at the Centre and the Government may also arrange for the training, at the Centre, of such other persons as it may think fit.
(7) Where the Government is of the opinion that in addition to the training imparted at the Centre it is necessary to impart to an employee, not below the rank of an Inspector, further specialised training which is not provided for at the Centre, it may send such employee to such other place, authority or institution within the country or abroad as it may think fit for receiving such specialised training.