Transfer of registry of Bangladesh ships.
35. (1) The registry of a Bangladesh ship may be transferred from one port of registry in Bangladesh to another on an application in writing being made by all persons appearing in the Register Book to be interested therein as owners or mortgagees to the Registrar of her existing port of registry.
(2) On receipt of an application under sub section (1) in respect of a ship, the Registrar shall transmit a notice thereof to the Registrar of the intended port of registry with a copy of all particulars relating to the ship and names of all persons appearing in the Register Book to be interested therein as owners or mortgagees, and also give notice of such transmission to the applicant.
(3) The Certificate of Registry of a ship in respect of which an application under sub section (1) has been made, shall be delivered to the Registrar either of the existing port of registry or to the Registrar of the intended port of registry, and, if delivered to the former, shall be transmitted to the latter.
(4) On receipt of the documents transmitted under sub section (2), the Registrar of the intended port of registry shall enter in his Register Book all the particulars and names transmitted as aforesaid, and grant a fresh Certificate of Registry, and thereupon the port at which the fresh Certificate of Registry is granted at the ship's port of registry and the name of that port shall be substituted on the ship's stern for the name of her former port of registry.
(5) The Registrar granting a fresh Certificate of Registry under sub section (4) shall give notice thereof, and forward the Certificate of Registry granted at the ship's former port of registry, to the Registrar of such port who shall make the necessary entry in his Register Book.
(6) The transfer under this section of the registry of a ship from one port in Bangladesh to another shall not affect in anyway the rights of any of the persons interested therein as owners or mortgagees.
(7) The registry of a Bangladesh ship shall not be transferred to any port outside Bangladesh except with the previous permission in writing of the Government, and no action shall be taken by the Registrar on any application for such transfer unless it is accompanied by such permission.