Licences for taking ships to sea
66. (1) No Bangladesh ship, and no ship chartered by a citizen of Bangladesh or by a company, officer or other authority shall be taken to sea from a port or place within or outside Bangladesh except under a licence granted in this behalf by the Shipping Authority.
(2) A licence granted under sub section (1) may, in the discretion of the Shipping Authority, be-
(a) a general licence; or
(b) a licence for a specified period or a specified voyage.
(3) Subject to the provisions of section 68, a general licence shall remain valid until it is revoked or cancelled, and a licence for a specified period or a specified voyage shall be valid only for the period or voyage for which it is granted.
(4) A licence granted under sub section (1) may contain such limitations and conditions as the Shipping Authority may think fit to impose, with respect to the trades in which the ship may engage and the voyage which it may undertake, and such limitations and conditions may be imposed so as to apply to the ship wherever it may be, or while in such waters, or engaged in such trades, or on such voyages, as may be specified.
(5) Whoever contravenes the provisions of sub section (1) shall, for each offence, be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year, or with fine which may extend to Taka five thousand, or with both.