Disposal of business
37. (1) All business of a Union Parishad shall, to the extent and in the manner prescribed, be disposed of at its meeting, or at the meetings of its [Standing Committees], or by its Chairman or members, officers or employees.
(2) All meetings of a Union Parishad shall be presided over by the Chairman and, in his absence, by the acting Chairman, and in the absence of both, by a member chosen for that purpose by the members present.
(3) No act or proceedings of a Union Parishad shall be invalid by reason only of the existence of any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Parishad, or by reason only that some person who was not entitled to do so, sat or voted, or otherwise took part in its proceedings.
(4) Minutes of the proceedings of every meeting of a Union Parishad shall be drawn up and recorded in a book to be kept for the purpose.
(5) All decisions of a Union Parishad shall be reported to the [Thana Nirbahi Officer] along with a copy to the Deputy Commissioner within fourteen days from the date on which the minutes of the meeting are signed.