Bangladesh Road Transport Authority
2A. (1) There shall be established an Authority to be called the Bangladesh Road Transport Authority for carrying out the purposes of this Ordinance.
(2) The authority shall consist of a Chairman and such number of other members, not exceeding eight, as may be appointed by the Government from time to time.
(3) The Chairman shall be appointed by the Government from among persons in the service of the Republic not below the rank of Joint Secretary to the Government or an officer having pay scale equivalent to that of a Joint Secretary, to the Government.
(4) The Chairman and other members shall hold office on such terms and conditions as the Government may determine.
(5) The Chairman shall be the chief executive officer of the Authority.
(6) The Chairman shall be a whole time officer of the Authority and shall exercise such powers and perform such functions as may be prescribed by rules or as may be assigned to him by the Government.
(7) If a vacancy occurs in the office of the Chairman or if the Chairman is unable to discharge the functions of his office on account of absence, illness or any other cause, the Government shall make such arrangement for discharging the functions of the office of the Chairman as it may consider necessary.