REGISTRATION OF MOTOR VEHICLES
Registration of vehicles, the property of the Defence Services
48. (1) The authority specified in Part B of the Fourth Schedule may register any motor vehicle which is the property or for the time being under the exclusive control of the Defence Services; and any vehicle so registered shall not, so long as it remains the property or under the exclusive control of the Defence Services, require to be registered otherwise under this Ordinance.
(2) A motor vehicle registered under this section unless otherwise prescribed shall carry a certificate of fitness in ÔÇÿForm J' as set forth in the First Schedule issued by the authority referred to in sub section (1).
(3) An authority registering a vehicle under sub section (1) shall assign a registration mark in accordance with the provisions contained in the Fourth Schedule and shall issue a certificate in respect of the vehicle that the vehicle has been registered under this section.
(4) If a vehicle registered under this section ceases to be the property or under the exclusive control of the Defence Services, the provisions of section 33 shall thereupon apply.
(5) The authority registering a vehicle under sub section (1) shall furnish to the Government all such information regarding the general nature, overall dimensions, and axle weight of the vehicle as the Government may at any time require.
Copyright © 2019, Legislative and Parliamentary Affairs Division
Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs