Meetings of the Board
8. (1) The meetings of the Board shall be convened by the Secretary of the Board, in consultation with the Chairman, at least once every quarter of a year.
(2) All meetings of the Board shall be presided over by [a member elected for the purpose by the members present] and, in his absence, by the Vice-Chairman.
(3) To constitute a quorum at a meeting of the Board not less than six members shall be present.
(4) All matters at a meeting shall be decided by the votes of the majority of the members present and voting.
(5) At a meeting of the Board, each member shall have one vote, and in the event of equality of votes, the Chairman [or the member presiding over the meeting] shall have a second or casting vote.
(6) No act or proceeding of the Board shall be invalid merely on the ground of existence of any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Board.