8. (1) There shall be a Rector of the Centre who shall be appointed by the Government on such terms and conditions as may be determined by it.
(2) The Rector shall be a whole time officer and the chief executive of the Centre.
(3) Subject to the provisions of this Ordinance, the Rector shall manage the business and fund of the Centre and shall be responsible for the efficient management of the business of the Centre and for the proper execution of the decision of the Board.
(4) The Rector shall perform such other functions as may be assigned to him by the Board or as may be prescribed.
(5) If a vacancy occurs in the office of Rector or if the Rector is unable to discharge the functions of his office on account of absence, illness or any other cause, the Government shall make such arrangement for discharging the functions of the Rector as it may consider expedient.
Copyright © 2019, Legislative and Parliamentary Affairs Division
Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs