95. (1) No private market shall be established or maintained within the Corporation except under a licence granted by the Corporation and in conformity with the conditions of such licence.
(2) Notwithstanding the provisions of sub-section (1), the owner of every private market within the Corporation maintained immediately before the coming into force of this Ordinance, shall, within three months, apply for a licence to the Corporation and until the licence is granted shall continue to maintain the same.
(3) The Corporation may levy such fees in respect of private markets as the by-laws may provide.
(4) If the Corporation is satisfied that in public interest any private market should be discontinued or taken over by the Corporation, it may direct that the market should be discontinued, or that, subject to the payment of such compensation as would have been payable if it had been acquired under the Acquisition and Requisition of Immovable Property Ordinance, 1982
(II of 1982), the market should be taken over by the Corporation.
(5) The Corporation may, by a notice, require the owner of any private market to construct such works, provide such conveniences and make such arrangements for maintenance of market, and within such period, as may be specified in the notice.