5. (1) The Board shall consist of the following Trustees, namely:-
(a) the Director-General of the Directorate of Primary Education, ex-officio, who shall also be the Chairman of the Board;
(b) a Director of the Directorate of Primary Education to be nominated by the Government who shall also be the Vice-Chairman of the Board;
(c) the Deputy Director (Administration) of the Directorate of Primary Education, ex-officio, who shall also be Treasurer of the Board;
[(d) four officers, of whom two shall be from the Primary and Mass Education Division and one each from the Directorate of Primary Education and Compulsory Primary Education Implementation and Monitoring Unit, to be nominated by the Government;
(e) ten teachers to be nominated by the Government after consultation with the Bangladesh Primary Teachers Association:
Provided that where there are more than one association of teachers and no agreement can be reached among them on nomination of teachers, the Government's decision on such nomination shall be final.]
(2) One of the Trustees nominated under sub-section (1)(e), to be specified by the Government, shall act as the Secretary of the Board.
(3) The nominated Trustees shall hold office for a period of two years.
(4) The authority which nominated a Trustee may at any time remove him without assigning any reason.
(5) A nominated Trustee may at any time resign his office by writing under his hand addressed to the Chairman.