Establishment of Police Stations
[20A. (1) There shall be established two police stations-one for the eastern part of the Bangabandhu Bridge on Jamuna river, including the restricted area thereof, in the district of Tangail and the other for the western part of the said Bridge including the restricted area thereof, in the district of Sirajganj.
(2) The Government may, if deemed necessary for proper administration, by notification in the official Gazette, add any other areas to the said police stations.
(3) The areas of the said police stations, including the areas added to them under sub-section (2), shall stand excluded from the areas of the police stations to which they were included immediately before their forming the police-stations or addition
thereto, as the case may be; and the relevant notifications or orders relating to the areas of the old police station shall also stand amended accordingly.
(4) The officer-in-charge of each such police station shall be a police officer not below the rank of an Inspector of Police.
(5) The expenditure in respect of the police stations shall be borne by the Authority.
(6) In discharging their duties in respect of any matter under this Ordinance or under any rules or regulations, or, under any orders or directions made or given by the Authority thereunder, the police officers of these police stations shall be under the supervision and control of the Authority and accountable to it.
(7) The Government may, if deemed necessary, establish similar police stations for any other bridges or for any toll-roads, and where any such police station is established the provisions of sub-sections (3), (4), (5) and (6) shall, mutatis mutandis, apply.