3. In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context,-
(1) “Certificate-debtor” means the person named as debtor in a certificate filed under this Act, and includes any person whose name is substituted or added as debtor by the Certificate-officer;
(2) “Certificate-holder” means the Government or person in whose favour a certificate has been filed under this Act, and includes any person whose name is substituted or added as creditor by the Certificate-officer;
(3) “Certificate-officer” means a Collector, a [Upazila Nirbahi Officer, a Upazila Magistrate,] and any officer, appointed by a Collector [, with the sanction of the Commissioner] to perform the functions of a Certificate-officer under this Act;
(4) “movable property” includes growing crops;
(5) “prescribed” means prescribed by rules;
(6) “public demand” means any arrear or money mentioned or referred to in Schedule I, and includes any interest which may, by law, be chargeable thereon up to the date on which a certificate is signed under part II; and
(7) “rules” means rules and forms contained in Schedule II or made under section 39.