51. (1) An appeal from any [* * *] order made under this Act shall lie–
(a) if the order was made by an Assistant Collector or a Deputy Collector, or by a Certificate-officer not being the Collector,− to the Collector, or
(b) if the order was made by the Collector,–to the [Commissioner]:
Provided that no appeal shall lie from any order made under section 22.
(2) Every such appeal must be presented, in case (a), within fifteen days, or, in case (b) within thirty days, from the date of the order.
(3) The Collector may, by order, with the previous sanction of the [Commissioner] authorize
(a) any Sub-divisional Officer, or
(ii) any officer appointed under clause (3) of section 3 to perform the functions of a Certificate-officer, to exercise the appellate powers of the Collector under sub-section (1)
(4) When any officer has been so authorized, the Collector may transfer to him for hearing any appeal referred to in clause (a) of sub-section (1), unless the order appealed against was made by such officer.
(5) Pending the decision of any appeal, execution may be stayed if the appellate authority so directs, but not otherwise.